9.15.2007

So I Am In This Meeting...


Original Wretch blog posted on: September 5, 2007

I am doing live blogging here in an important meeting to give you an insight (from my point of view) of Taiwanese-Japanese corporate environment.


"Hey Randy shouldn't you be concentrating" You ask. That's a very good question and I wish I know how to reply to make myself look responsible. But I don't...and why are you being an ass asking me this question?


Anyways here we go.

- I still have a hard time understanding their Chingrish...

- Top management only cares about numbers, we are just drones.

- Funky keywords are very popular such as "bloody market", "chicken and egg", "trigger business", "tricky customer", "FIERCE" (too bad not how Tyra Banks would say it)

- When your boss talks, you shut up and nod.

- I have a hardened booger deeply up my nose.

- We all have laptops and most of the time we are all concentrating on our laptop screen to pretend we are too busy to listen. But I'm sure people are chatting on MSN about who's responsible for the explosive diarrhea in the men's room this morning.

- Whao! The meeting just turned interesting, this top dude admit he made a mistake in determining our revenue budget. That's RARE!

- There are always a crap load of action items assigned to everyone. At least this means the meeting is almost over.

- Im hungry...I think I'll go have some Cantonese dim sum for dinner.

- I was just highlighted because the numbers my agents inputed looked wrong, even though I explicitly told my agents to modify them two weeks ago. Time to send hate mails.

- A top top guy just came in to do a wrap up comment, note that he was only in the meeting in the last 5%.

- But he's a funny old dude so I like him.

- Done sending hate mails.

- Top guys are gone, now the dudes like us start to discuss how to satisfy their requests.

- Now my direct manager is making his speech, this will last a while.

- Alrite his story time is over, time to pack up.

That's all folks.


Dim Sum Time.

No comments: