10.30.2007

I ♥ MM

A traditional legend says that for males if your right eye bag is twitching, it means something that will make you very happy is about to happen. My right eye bag twitched for MONTHS, I went from maybe I'll fall in love to maybe I'll win the lottery to maybe I have a nerve problem with my face... until two days ago when I confirmed my happiness...

I met my idol of 10 years.....MORNING MUSUME!!!!

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG

They announced that they'll be visiting Taiwan this week to promote their 10 years anniversary best hit album, and will have several events planned for the fans. I'm a official fan club member of Hello Project, the recording label Morning Musume belong to. You have to pay $1300 NT a year, and you can get very minor discounts when you buy their stuff. Just when I thought the membership meant diddly squat, they announced that members can attend a very special mini concert when they are here.

MONEY. WELL. SPENT.

Another event will be a 'handshake' event, but you need to buy two of their albums and get two tickets in order to attend. Over the weekend I went around Taipei's record store, and they were all sold out!! WTF!? Since when did Morning Musume start to sell out in Taiwan!? I was WTFing myself all the way to the event on Monday night, the fan club only mini concert...luckily they have more albums available so I quickly grabbed them like meat.

The venue can host about 350 ppl, but almost 600 signed up. The event was actually very poorly planned... too many people, too disorganized... and delayed for almost an hour!!! But, when they appeared on stage........they were.......................angels......................glowing........and glowing........and glowing................... The crowd went CRAZY, as did I. I was like...4 meters away from them....OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG

I OMGed myself home that night, and repeated the following conversation to several friends over MSN:

Me: IM IN LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE
Friend: REALLY? Who is it, PIX NOW!
Me: MORNING MUSUME~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG
Friend: (nothing for five minutes) ..... oh god not again...
ME: YOU DONT UNDERSTAND THE PASSION!!

And tonight at work, I couldn't do a thing...cuz I know I'll soon be within handshaking distance... I clipped my nails, and my colleague offered hand lotion... and as soon as the clock hit 5:30pm, I was out of the office!

Before it was my turn I kept on thinking...what should I say to them, KAWAIIIII? DAISUKI?????????????? OMG OMG OMG

But, when I finally stepped on stage...I blanked. They were angels standing there...glowing...glowing...glowing... I couldn't let out even a sound, and all the Musume gave me full eye contact with the sweetest smile... and they were pros at this. Their smiles didn't look fake like those you'd find with flight attendants... they all look genuine (yeah yeah I know they faked it), but, when they see you they gave this "Oh hey it's YOU, long time no see!!!!" look.

It was...surreal.... O_O The whole thing lasted like...ten seconds, and it didn't feel real. My cousin who went with me said everyone STOMPED onto the stage, but were all floating when they exited... as did I. Later we went to get some hot pot, and I couldn't help myself and drifted off into those ten seconds with my mouth open.... I couldn't pull myself together until my cousin threatened to splash hot soup on my face.

One day I will make the ultimate pilgrimage to Japan and attend their concert....

OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOM I ♥ MM

By the way those of you who are laughing at me, YOU HAVE NO PASSION IN LIFE! I PITY YOU... PITY

2 comments:

Unknown said...

....................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Anonymous said...

you have outdone yourself this time