5.08.2008

I Got Owned In My Dream


I had a horrid reoccuring dream last night.

In my dream, I was sitting on a bus on my way to a beach resort wearing a Hawaiian shirt and sipping mai tai. It was a happy dream. Then, I opened my backpack and took out my power electronics text book and started studying.

It appeared that I had four exams to write in one week, and I managed to skip all of my power electronics lectures so I had to self-teach myself meanwhile still had to study for the other three ass whoopingly hard electrical engineering exams.

I told myself, in my dream, that I could do this. One day each for the three subjects, and the remaining time will be for power electronics. At the same time, I was sitting on a bus on my way to a beach resort wearing a Hawaiian shirt and sipping mai tai. Jolly good time!

I felt confident, full or spirit, and ready to rock the exams to get my degree. The dream was glorious!

When I arrived at the beach destination, the bus full of university students were whisked off to a concrete building with cold desks and cold seats. From that point on the dream started to suck, because it was exam time.

Me: WTF!? NOW!? WTFWTFWTF!?
Random Hag: Please leave all of your bags at the back, and take a seat. You will have two and a half hours to complete the exam. Please also have your student ID ready for inspection.
Me: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO /Vader.

I flipped through the exam, and it was a typical University of Toronto ECE exam from hell. Five questions for a 150 minutes exam. FIVE GODDAMNED DIFFICULT QUESTIONS. My eyes started to well up, realizing my dream of finishing school and go on to get a cushy job was cruelly shattered by the demonic faculty. Then a voice projected across the room,

Random Hag: Ten minutes left.
Me: *sob* *sob* *sob*
Random Hag: QUIET YOU, NO SOBBING.
Me: *sob* *sob* *sob* *sob* *sob* Why is power electronics so hard... *sob*
Random Hag: This is Electric-Mechanical Energy Transfer, not Power Electronics.
Me: fuck...
Random Hag: Times up bitches.
Classmate A: That was freakin easy, what that hell was that!
Me: Fuck You.
Classmate B: I aced that! I thought it was going to be hard!
Me: Fuck You.
Classmate C: I had so much time left to double check my work, they should've make more questions I had more than enough time.
Me: Fuck You.

In real life, I failed Electric-Mechanical Energy Transfer in my Third Year. During the real exam, I didn't know what I was doing and started writing self-appreciative notes to my prof as an attempt to fish for sympathy. My prof promptly failed me and I had to take it again in my Fourth with a barely passing grade. I hated that course, and it hated me. I swore to myself that I would never ever touch that subject ever again. But the stupid thing had haunted my dream for the past four years.

Luckily, it was just a dream, and I can always wake up with my diploma hanging on the wall in my room looking mighty fine. With that degree I was able to get a decent challenging job and living comfortably.

See, I'm sitting here in the nicely air-con office sipping bubble tea without my shoes on, and updating the blog.

I work hard for my money.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hahaha, that post just made my day. Good thing exams are relics of the past ;)

randy said...

and the past continue to haunt me -_- I hate school so much